1080p inebriation, and the truth about cats and dogs

By RM
I can now say I fully understand what the deal with Toulouse-Lautrec was.

I have experienced absinthe.

And let me clarify. I don't believe in working one's way into a drink. One starts off at the top, and if one cannot handle it, then one works their way down.

So the absinthe I had was 70% alcohol by volume (vodka is 40, for a reference point), with 100mg/kg of thujone, the neurotoxin that give absinthe it's unique kick.

And let me be clear, I saw no green fairy.

Experiencing abisnthe to me was like being absolutely plowed in HD. When I get drunk, things tend to go a little fuzzy visually and mentally, and I tend to tire out and eventually crash in some room, wishing everyone would just go the fuck home. Or I leave the bar. Either or. With Absinthe, you're just as plowed, but this Thujone stuff acts as like a stimulant and a clarifier, you know, like mixing astelin (ask your doctor), and cocaine (go right for it). So while I was just as inebriated, I had the clarity to enjoy the euphoria without all the baggage.

I could very much learn to enjoy this drink.

I was watching CBS' the Early Show today (bear with me, I suck), and they had on one of those feel good stories. This one was about a dog with no front legs, that had been trained to walk upright.

An impressive skill. But, come on. There are some feel good stories that just make you feel....bad. I'm thrilled that that dog is still alive and rocking, but don't show him to me. C'mon.

Cats are music.

RM
 

2 comments so far.

  1. Wiry April 5, 2008 at 12:06 AM
    That damn dog gets paraded out every 3 months when stories run dry. Oy. Also, where'd you get your absinthe? I had my first from Grendel's Den. It was an okay experience... I'd be up for trying it again but perhaps with some guidance regarding their strange dripping devices.
  2. Cherubino/Carmen April 5, 2008 at 10:41 AM
    I want to see that dog qualify for the Olympics and then decline due to the egregious human rights abuses in China. Then, and only then, shall I be satisfied.

    I had an absinthe/brandy concoction in NYC .... it was about two fingers high and made me really want fries.

Something to say?